Thursday, January 22, 2009

My rendezvous with Butterfly effect...(An old mail)

(Posted as a mail on 30/9/2009... )

Hi Hui Hi All,

Heard of Butterfly effect… Today morning I had a taste of this…

“If a butterfly makes a flutter in Africa, it creates a hurricane in America”…. That is what scientists tell about this effect… It is actually a combination of relatively small events which at last creates havoc. The movie “Dasavatharam” is based on this effect…

What happened today:

As all of u know, Lehmann Brothers crashed few days ago…
ICICI bank seems to have a small share in it….
From last evening, some hoax mails and gossips led to fear in everyone’s mind that ICICI bank is going to collapse and become bankrupt… …

All took money from ICICI bank ATMs, and reports say there where long queues in front of all ATMs in the city…

Situation was same in Infy ATMs also…
Today morning, I was having not even a single paisa in my purse…
I came to Infy with my room mate Anoop but said to him that will have breakfast only after checking my mails…

Checked my mails and went to get cash from ATMs… One two three four… ATMs in all the corners of the sprawling Infy campus were virtually penniless or bankrupt…
Long queues dispersed within a second…

Went to another room mate Vinumon’s desk to get cash… Got a 500 Rs note… :)…
Rushed to the food court at 10:25am… Food usually would be there till 10:30 only…

Purchased coupon for one and only thing left there – Aloo Parata…
Went to the counter to get Aloo Paratta… Only Parattas available…
“Eat with chutney or sambar” adviced the servers…

“No thanks” My reply…

Got back 16 Rs on giving back the coupon…

Totally brain dead, I am back to my cube to get back to what one calls “hectic schedule” …. Hope 12’ o clk dings early today as I am suffering from hunger and drowsiness…

All in all, Butterfly effect took me for a ride…. :(:(:(…. What happened in America, made me suffer from hunger today morning… Poor me… :(:(:(…

Blabbering from a wailing heart and hungry stomach,

Sridhar

No comments:

Post a Comment